Student Support: Office of Accessible Education

Golden Gate University is committed to achieving equal educational opportunity and full participation for persons with disabilities. It is Golden Gate University's policy that enrolled students who have disabilities shall be given reasonable accommodations in compliance with state and federal laws.

The Office of Accessible Education coordinates accommodations for students with all types of disabilities, including temporary injuries or conditions. 


Accommodations for students with disabilities, such as modifications, auxiliary aids, or services, are considered on a case-by-case basis. Some examples are: electronic texts, course notes, recording devices, reader and transcription services, exam accommodations, interpreters, and real-time captioners.

Students seeking disability accommodations should begin the verification process as early as possible. See New Requests for Accommodations below.



If you would like to request accommodations for the Multistate Professional Responsibility Exam (MPRE) or the Bar Exam, you should consult with Disability Services about the application process early in your legal education.

Students are encouraged to apply well in advance of the deadline in order to allow sufficient time for any necessary appeal.

General information can be found at these links:

All disability accommodations must be supported by documentation of the student's current condition and needs. Students with a disability who have not previously gone through the verification process should contact the office as soon as possible, ideally several weeks in advance of the start of the semester. Accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis. Please do not approach professors about obtaining accommodations until approved through the Office of Accessible Education.



  • Step 1: Contact the Office of Accessible Education to set up an appointment to discuss eligibility for services and possible accommodations. You will also be asked to review and sign our confidentiality policy.
  • Step 2: Submit the appropriate documentation, based on the type of disability, as described below. You are responsible for any costs associated with obtaining the required documentation from a qualified provider.
    • Physical Disability: Your physician will need to complete the Disability Verification Form detailing your present impairment and recommending accommodations for the academic environment.
    • Psychological Disability: Your psychologist/psychiatrist/therapist will need to complete the Disability Verification Form detailing your present impairment and recommending accommodations for the academic environment.
    • Learning Disability or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD): You will need to submit a Psychoeducational Evaluation Report completed within the past three years by a qualified professional. The evaluation must include a comprehensive interview and assessment (testing) of areas that impact learning and academic performance. The report must recommend accommodations for the academic environment. We can provide a list of evaluators used by students in recent years.
  • Step 3: Disability Services will review all of the documentation to ensure that the requested accommodations are reasonable and appropriate given your present impairment and functional limitations in the academic setting. This process may include review by an outside consultant.

The Office of Accessible Education is looking for volunteers to be notetakers for their classmates who have a disability that affects their ability to take their own course notes. If you take detailed, well-organized notes, this is a wonderful way to make a positive difference for a fellow student -- and receive a monetary stipend of $75 per course at the end of the semester. If you are interested in helping to provide this important service, please fill out the interest form below:

See below to access the note taker guidelines/contract and directions for submission:

I am applying to GGU School of Law and I have a disability. Are there any special procedures?

You have no obligation to reveal your disability when applying to GGU, but if you would like to discuss disability services at any point in the process, you are welcome to contact Disability Services. Please see the above section titled New Requests for Accommodations for how to proceed once you have enrolled.

I am not sure whether I have a learning disability (or ADHD). Do you provide testing?

The Law School does not provide testing for learning disabilities or ADHD; however, Disability Services can explain the process and what the evaluation will need to address. The cost of the evaluation is the student's responsibility. Because it can take six weeks or more for an evaluation and report to be to be completed, students are encouraged to meet with Disability Services as early in the semester as possible.

Will information about my disability be kept confidential?

The Law School keeps information about disabilities and accommodations confidential, and Law Student Support strives to protect the privacy of each student receiving accommodations. However, students are welcome to self-disclose information about a disability when and if they feel comfortable doing so.

Do I have to re-request accommodations each semester?

Once the verification process for your accommodations has been completed, you must submit a new Request for Accommodations for each semester, including summer, by the posted deadline. Disability Services will email the link to the current form prior to the start of the semester.

For permanent or stable conditions, you will not have to provide new documentation each semester. Temporary impairments or changed needs may require new documentation.

Can I receive accommodations for an injury or temporary condition?

We are happy to work with you to put temporary accommodations in place. Please contact Disability Services as soon as possible to discuss documentation requirements and possible accommodations.

Is there accessible parking on campus?

There is no parking on campus, but there are accessible public parking areas nearby. With a current, valid disabled placard, you are able to park in the metered parking on the surrounding streets at no charge.


To initiate the accommodation verification process, discuss any questions regarding disability services, or address issues implementing approved accommodations, please contact us through email, or set up an appointment using our Calendly links found below.

Allison Wang

Interim Director Allison Wang
In her role in as Interim Director of the Office of Accessible Education, Professor Wang is dedicated to ensuring that students with disabilities have the tools, support services, and resources that allow equal access and reasonable accommodations to be successful at GGU. In addition to her work with the OAE, she is a visiting professor of law, and the Director of the Externship Program at the law school. She brings her experience creating and administering programs to her work. She has worked in private practice and in the nonprofit sector, where she represented people with mental and developmental disabilities. She worked as a research and appellate staff attorney at the San Francisco Superior Court and clerked for the Hon. Maria-Elena James in the Northern District of California.

Maya Guerrant

Interim Associate Director Maya Guerrant
Maya has spent most of her career so far working in education and feels very passionate about creating equity in educational spaces. She is excited to incorporate her expertise in psychology into her work to create an even more robust Disability Services department for all the students, faculty and staff at GGU. Maya also brings her experience as the Senior Program Coordinator for Student Affairs at Golden Gate University School of Law to this role. She also works with externships, the honors program, and student organizations at the law school. Prior to working at Golden Gate University, Maya worked as a one-on-one middle and high school teacher for children who had difficulties learning in a traditional classroom environment.

Hafeez Kanani headshot

Student Assistant Hafeez Kanani
Hafeez is a second year MBA student and the student assistant at the Office of Accessible Education. Prior to joining GGU he worked in logistics in East Africa for his family’s business. Hafeez also completed his bachelors at the Newcastle Business school in the UK. He is energized by connecting students to resources so they can be more successful in their academic careers.

The Office of Accessible Education
Calendly Links