LAW : FACULTY
RESEARCH INTERESTS & AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Clinical Teaching
- Labor and Employment Law
- Low Wage & Immigrant Workers
- JD, Hastings College of the Law, University of California
- BSW, University of Texas at Austin
PROFESSIONAL & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- More than 10 years experience advocating on employment and labor issues affecting unionized and low-wage immigrant workers.
- Former director of the Labor/Employment Project at the Asian Law Caucus, Inc.
- Former Member of Board of Directors and Past President, Sweatshop Watch.
- Practice experience at several union-side labor firms.
- Former staff attorney, US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Helped establish the Eviction Defense Center - Oakland, CA.
- Former reviewer/contributor to Asian-American Women: Issues, Concerns, and Responsive Human and Civil Rights Advocacy, Lora Jo Foo, Ford Foundation (2001).
- Notes From the Field: The role of the Lawyer in Grassroots Policy Advocacy, 21 Clinical L. Rev. 393 (2015).
- With Marci Seville. Domestic Worker Organizing: Building a Contemporary Movement for Dignity and Power, 75 Albany Law Review 413 (2012)
- Broadening Low-Wage Workers' Access to Justice: Guaranteeing Unpaid Wages in Targeted Industries, 28 Hofstra Labor & Empl. L. J. 9 (2011)
- With Marci Seville. Complex Employment Issues in Elder Care, The Recorder, 3-2-2011.
- Ethnic and Religious Discrimination, American Bar Association Section of Labor and Employment Law, Equal Employment Opportunity Committee (2002).
- How Anna Won Her Wages: How to File Wage Claims & Know Your Workplace Rights, Multi-lingual Educational Materials for Low-wage Workers, Asian Law Caucus (2001).
- Asian Law Journal Symposium on Labor and Immigration, 6 Asian Law Journal, 217 (1999).
- Member, California State Bar