RESEARCH INTERESTS AND AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
LLM, Harvard University
LLB, Brooklyn Law School
BS, New York University
PROFESSIONAL AND TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Has taught criminal law for over 25 consecutive years
- Litigates in the area of prisoners and the constitutional rights of the mentally ill
- Consultant to the California Mental Health Association
- Former trial attorney with the US Department of Justice
ed., Cambridge Quarterly of Health Care Ethics, Cambridge University Press (1992-1995).
AIDS Law for Mental Health Professionals: A Handbook for Judicious Practice, (AIDS Health Project, University of California 1991-1995). Legal adviser.
- Member of the Board of Directors for the California Advocates for Nursing Home Reform
- Member, California, New York & Michigan State Bars