LAW : FACULTY
Deborah N. Behles
- Associate Professor of Law
Clinical Staff Attorney
- San Francisco
- JD, University of Minnesota School of Law
- BS, Purdue University
PROFESSIONAL & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Former Trial Attorney, United States Department of Justice, Environmental Enforcement
- United States Department of Justice Honors Program Attorney
- Member of New Source Review Utility Initiative Litigation Team, 2002-2008
- Legal Writing Student Instructor, University of Minnesota Law School
- Associate Articles Editor, Minnesota Law Review
- Ex Parte Requirements at the California Public Utility Commission: A Comparative Analysis
and Recommended Changes with Steven Weissman. Unpublished paper, 2015.
- From Dirty to Green: Increasing Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy in Environmental
Justice Communities, 58 Villanova L. Rev. 25 (2013).
- An Integrated Green Urban Electrical Grid, 36 Wm & Mary Envtl. L. & Pol'y Rev. 671 (2012).
- Why California Failed to Meet Its RPS Target, 17 West-Northwest J. of Envtl. Law & Policy 163 (Summer 2011).
- New Laws Aim to Make State Greener, The Recorder, May 12, 2011.
- Examining the Air We Breathe: EPA Should Evaluate Cumulative Impacts When It Promulgates
National Ambient Air Quality Standards, 28 Pace Env'l. Law Rev. 200 (2010).
- The New Race: Speeding Up Climate Change Innovation, 11 North Carolina J. of Law & Tech. 1 (2009).
- Why CEQA Exemption Decisions Need Additional Notice Requirements, 33 ENVIRONS 111 (2009).
- A Wrong Turn Crushes Protective Air Regulations: American Trucking Ass'ns v. EPA, 85 Minnesota L.R. 319 (2000).
- Roadmapping and Legal Writing, 8 Perspectives: Teaching Legal Research and Writing 134 (with Brad Clary) (2000).
HONORS & AWARDS
- Department of Justice John Marshall Award Recipient
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Gold Medal Recipient
- Department of Justice Special Commendations for Work on the Duke Energy Team, Illinois
Power Trial Team, Westvaco Trial Team, and Power Plant Appellate Teams
- Department of Justice Outstanding Performance Awards in 2004 and 2007