LAW : FACULTY
- Comparative Intellectual Property Law
- Contracts I & II
- Patent Law
- Special Problems - Property
RESEARCH INTERESTS & AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- Patent Law
- Contracts Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- JD, New York University School of Law
- BS, Ohio State University
PROFESSIONAL & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Sr. Corporate Counsel, Electronics For Imaging, Inc.
- Associate, Intellectual Property licensing and litigation, Perkins Coie LLP and O'Melveny & Myers LLP
- Law Clerk, Judge Saundra Brown Armstrong, U.S. District Court (N.D. CAL.)
- Co-Editor: IP Law Book Review
- SSRN Scholarship Social Science Research Network scholarly papers by Prof. Chuang.
- Offensive Venue: The Curious Use of Declaratory Judgment to Forum Shop in Patent Litigation, 80 Geo. Wash. L. Rev. 1065 (2012).
- Unjust Patents & Bargaining Breakdown: When Is Declaratory Relief Needed? 64 S.M.U.L. Rev. 895 (2011).
- The Pros and Cons of Gene Patents, The Recorder (12/17/2010). with Denys T. Lau.
- Patenting Human Genes: The Myriad Controversy, 32 Clinical Therapeutics. 12:2054-6 (2010). With Denys T. Lau.
- Assigning the Burden of Proof in Contractual Jury Waiver Challenges: How Valuable is Your Right to a Jury Trial? 10 Employee Rights and Employment Policy Journal 205 (2006).
- Is there a Doctor in the House? Using Failure-to-Warn Liability to Enhance the Safety of Online Prescribing, 75 N.Y.U. L. Rev. 1452 (2000).
- Assisted Living: Opportunities for the Pharmacist, Ohio Pharmacist (August 1997).
- Member, California State Bar
- Member, Patent Bar